Improve your smile, improve your oral health and improve your appearance all at once.
Unfortunately, many people make assumptions about us based on the way we look. So if you have a smile that is a bit crooked or misaligned you may feel embarrassed to smile around friends, colleagues, coworkers or fellow students. Our Ann Arbor, MI, dentists Drs. Meridith and Bart Hall have helped countless patients of all ages get beautifully straight, confident smiles through braces.
Along with the obvious benefit of getting a straighter smile, here are some of the less obvious benefits of getting orthodontic treatment,
Make Chewing Easier
While you might not even realize it, having crooked teeth can make it more challenging to properly chew food. Getting a straighter smile can help make eating everything you love easier, which also means a happier digestive tract.
If you are dealing with an overbite, underbite or an all-together misaligned smile then every time you bite down or put pressure on your teeth the force from your jaws isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your smile. This means that some teeth end up taking on more pressure and force than they should. Over time, this leads to excessive wear and tear on teeth, eventually resulting in cracks, chips and fractures.
Reduce Decay Risk
Crooked, twisted or overlapping teeth are also more difficult to keep clean, making it a hospitable environment for food to get trapped between these crevices. By correcting these issues with orthodontic treatment our Ann Arbor family dentists can help you reduce your risk for cavities and gum disease.
Should I get braces?
Since most people don’t end up with perfectly straight teeth, many of them can benefit from braces. Our dental practice makes it easy to get the orthodontic treatment you need based on certain factors including your age, the type of issues you need to fix and your finances. Each orthodontic plan is individualized to meet your needs. While children as young as seven often benefit from undergoing an orthodontic consultation, you are never too old to get braces.
Are you interested in getting braces for you or your child? If so, Progressive Dental in Ann Arbor, MI, can help get your smile where you want it with orthodontic treatment and other dentistry options. Call our office today at (734) 930-4022 to schedule a consultation.
Dental implants are an efficient and effective way to replace missing teeth. Drs. Meridith and Bart Hall provide patients with dental implants at their Ann Arbor, MI, office to treat this problem.
Dental implants are oral appliances that mimic the appearance of natural teeth. They provide people with a smile that will improve their self-esteem and resolve functional problems.
Missing teeth affect a person's ability to bite, chew and speak, and, in the long run, you may even notice jawbone shrinkage. One of the many advantages of dental appliances is that it prevents this shrinkage, and reinforces the jawbone.
So, what else do you need to know about dental implants?
Your Ann Arbor dentist first places a biocompatible titanium screw in your gums, where the tooth is missing and allows it to fuse with the rest of your jawbone for 3-6 months. You'll need to visit your dentist during those months to ensure all is well and after the implant has bonded, your dentist will insert a screw in the titanium post, put an abutment on the screw and, finally, place a crown that matches the rest of your smile.
You'll walk out of your dentist's office with a healthy rejuvenated smile that can last a lifetime. That's right! If you take care of your dental implants properly, they can last a lifetime. Make sure you brush twice a day and floss daily.
Other preventative measures include maintaining a healthy diet. Avoid sugary food that fuels acid-producing bacteria. The bacterial acid is the cause of decay and gum disease which may lead to serious dental problems.
Are you interested in dental implants? Call the dentists at Progressive Dental, Drs. Meridith and Bart Hall, located in Ann Arbor, MI at (734) 930-4022 for more information.
Since you look at your teeth every day in the mirror, you may not notice when the color starts to change or become dull. An Ann Arbor, MI dentist at Progressive Dental will help brighten up with smile quickly with professional teeth whitening. The dentists are committed to cosmetically improving your teeth while also being concerned about your comfort.
When Your Smile Becomes Dull
As much as you love your coffee, tea, Italian dinners with plenty of tomato sauce, and the occasional glass of wine, these substances can do a number on the appearance of your teeth. The enamel becomes darker and duller, gradually over time. This is especially true if you don’t brush or see your dentist for checkups as often as you should. The good news is that food or drink staining usually only effects the outer enamel, so there’s a good chance that it can be bleached by your dentist.
The Bleaching Process
The dental team at Progressive Dental in Ann Arbor, MI uses a teeth whitening system called BOOST to whiten your smile in about an hour. It involves the use of a bleaching agent containing peroxide to remove several shades of stains from your teeth. It is applied to the teeth while the lips and cheeks are retracted for protection. If the tooth discoloration is relatively mild, you will most likely only need one session with your dentist.
White Smile Benefits
If you’re committed to giving your professional or social life a boost, having an off-white smile is simply not enough. A professionally whitened smile comes with the following benefits:
- Feeling more relaxed when in the company of others and when smiling for photos.
- A younger, more refreshed appearance.
- Inspiration to brush, floss, and care for your teeth more consistently to maintain your whiter smile.
Make Your Smile Brighter
If you want to improve the quality of your smile quickly and reliably, consider professional teeth whitening. It won’t take much of your time, yet this simple cosmetic treatment provides significant results. Call (734) 930-4022 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Meridith Hall or Dr. Bart Hall at Progressive Dental in Ann Arbor, MI.
These porcelain restorations can give you the perfect smile quickly.
Dental veneers are a type of cosmetic dentistry that can give you a more ideal and perfectly aligned set of teeth. If you are dealing with certain imperfections that affect the shape, size or color of your smile then our Ann Arbor, MI, dentists Dr. Meridith Hall and Dr. Bart Hall can fix these issues and give you the smile you want with the help of dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are very thin shells made from porcelain that are custom-made to cover the front of a tooth. The teeth that are visible when you smile are the ones that will receive veneers. Just as you might place fake nails on your fingernails to improve the length or shape, veneers offer the same cosmetic enhancement for your smile.
Our Ann Arbor, MI, cosmetic dentists use a medical-grade porcelain that mimics the translucency and appearance of real tooth enamel so they will give you natural results. Since veneers are extremely thin, tooth preparation is minimal as compared to other options like dental crowns.
What problems can dental veneers hide?
Just about any cosmetic issue that impacts the overall appearance of your smile can be improved with veneers. Veneers are permanently bonded to the front of your teeth to hide a variety of common problems such as:
- Stains and discolorations
- Chips and cracks
- Minor overlapping or gaps between teeth
- Malformed or misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are worn down or too short (a complication of tooth grinding)
If your smile is just a little crooked or misaligned, getting veneers could also give you a straighter smile. This is a great alternative for adults who are dealing with very minor misalignments in their smile that don’t necessarily want to wear braces in order to correct the issue.
Are dental veneers right for me?
If you are an adult with healthy teeth that have some flaws then veneers could be the ideal way to give you the smile you’ve always wanted. To determine whether your teeth are healthy enough for veneers you will need to come in for a consultation where we will examine your teeth and take x-rays to make sure there is enough healthy enamel to support your veneers.
Progressive Dental in Ann Arbor, MI, is dedicated to helping you achieve the perfect smile. If you want to say goodbye to unsightly imperfections and hello to a smile that you feel confident in then call us today and let us know that you are interested in getting dental veneers.
Need a crown? Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that cover the outside of the teeth. Crowns can correct many different types of dental problems. Dr. Meridith Hall and Dr. Bart Hall at Progressive Dental, which is located in Ann Arbor, MI, offer a full range of dental services. Read on to find out how a crown can help your smile.
1. Fix your dental issues. Dental crowns are routinely used to restore damaged, broken and badly decayed teeth. They can be used to attach bridges, cover dental implants, and protect weak teeth from breaking. Dental crowns are also used to protect teeth following root canal therapy.
2. Beautify your smile. Dental crowns can enhance your smile. All-porcelain dental crowns are beautiful and provide the best natural color of all the crowns. Because all-porcelain dental crowns are the most cosmetically pleasing, they are often used for the front teeth. Nothing gives the same luster, translucency, and depth luster like an all-porcelain dental crown.
3. Get a natural look- It is important that you have crowns that match your existing teeth. Your crown should match the shade of your teeth for the best looking, most natural results. Your dentist can choose from over a dozen shades to allow him or her to give you a crown that is better matched to the shade of your teeth.
4. Strengthen your teeth- Dental crowns can strengthen your worn-down or damaged teeth. Dental crowns are incredibly strong and tough like tooth structure. Porcelain-fused-to-metal and all-porcelain crowns are also very strong and can produce pleasing aesthetics.
5. Restore oral function. It's very difficult to chew food when you have broken teeth. Dental crowns will give you the ability to enjoy good food again. Dental crowns restore the structure of your damaged teeth so you can eat in comfort and with confidence. Generally, crowns last between 10 and 15 years. Some dental crowns can even last a lifetime.
6. Whiten your smile. Dental crowns can instantly correct tooth discoloration. If your tooth has darkened after root canal treatment, bleaching the tooth won't help. Teeth whitening will not lighten some dental stains, like tetracycline stains. In this case, your dentist may recommend covering the darkened teeth with dental crowns.
If you're in need of a dental crown, why wait? We can help you today. Call Progressive Dental at 734-930-4022 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Ann Arbor, MI. Dental crowns have helped millions of people improve their smiles. And they can do the same for you.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.