Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Having a beautiful smile is important for people's confidence and first impressions. There are many cosmetic dentistry procedures but one of the less invasive and cost-effective is veneers. Drs. Meridith and Barton Hall of Progressive Dental at Domino's Farms in Ann Arbor, MI, provide many services, including veneers.
Why choose dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells that fit on the surface of teeth. Veneers are custom-made so they mimic your natural teeth's shape, color, texture, and alignment.
Veneers make it possible for people to have beautiful smiles by fixing natural teeth's appearance or restoring your beautiful smile after years of coffee drinking or an accident chipping a tooth.
The Benefits of Veneers
If you're unsure of this procedure your Ann Arbor, MI, dentist can tell you about the advantages of veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining and because they adhere to dental surfaces, they cover stains and discoloration.
- Veneers are custom-made so if you want different shaped teeth, that's a simple fix. Your dentist can have teeth edges rounder or squarer.
- The porcelain veneers are made of are strong so that will protect your teeth and less enamel is removed from dental surfaces than with other dental appliances.
- Veneers can also reshape teeth for improved symmetry and fix minor spacing and alignment issues. For large gaps, you may need orthotic treatment so consult your dentist first.
- This is a cost-effective procedure for people who want to revitalize their smile without breaking the bank.
Steps to Place Porcelain Veneers
Your dentist prepares teeth by removing some enamel off the surface of teeth, then makes an impression using a mold that'll be sent to a lab. You'll be given temporary veneers until your next appointment when permanent veneers are bonded to the surface of teeth. Any adjustments necessary are made over the next few weeks.
Are you interested in dental veneers?
Call Drs. Meridith and Barton Hall of Progressive Dental at Domino's Farms in Ann Arbor, MI, at (734) 930-4022 for more information!
These porcelain restorations can give you the perfect smile quickly.
Dental veneers are a type of cosmetic dentistry that can give you a more ideal and perfectly aligned set of teeth. If you are dealing with certain imperfections that affect the shape, size or color of your smile then our Ann Arbor, MI, dentists Dr. Meridith Hall and Dr. Bart Hall can fix these issues and give you the smile you want with the help of dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are very thin shells made from porcelain that are custom-made to cover the front of a tooth. The teeth that are visible when you smile are the ones that will receive veneers. Just as you might place fake nails on your fingernails to improve the length or shape, veneers offer the same cosmetic enhancement for your smile.
Our Ann Arbor, MI, cosmetic dentists use a medical-grade porcelain that mimics the translucency and appearance of real tooth enamel so they will give you natural results. Since veneers are extremely thin, tooth preparation is minimal as compared to other options like dental crowns.
What problems can dental veneers hide?
Just about any cosmetic issue that impacts the overall appearance of your smile can be improved with veneers. Veneers are permanently bonded to the front of your teeth to hide a variety of common problems such as:
- Stains and discolorations
- Chips and cracks
- Minor overlapping or gaps between teeth
- Malformed or misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are worn down or too short (a complication of tooth grinding)
If your smile is just a little crooked or misaligned, getting veneers could also give you a straighter smile. This is a great alternative for adults who are dealing with very minor misalignments in their smile that don’t necessarily want to wear braces in order to correct the issue.
Are dental veneers right for me?
If you are an adult with healthy teeth that have some flaws then veneers could be the ideal way to give you the smile you’ve always wanted. To determine whether your teeth are healthy enough for veneers you will need to come in for a consultation where we will examine your teeth and take x-rays to make sure there is enough healthy enamel to support your veneers.
Progressive Dental in Ann Arbor, MI, is dedicated to helping you achieve the perfect smile. If you want to say goodbye to unsightly imperfections and hello to a smile that you feel confident in then call us today and let us know that you are interested in getting dental veneers.
Need a crown? Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that cover the outside of the teeth. Crowns can correct many different types of dental problems. Dr. Meridith Hall and Dr. Bart Hall at Progressive Dental, which is located in Ann Arbor, MI, offer a full range of dental services. Read on to find out how a crown can help your smile.
1. Fix your dental issues. Dental crowns are routinely used to restore damaged, broken and badly decayed teeth. They can be used to attach bridges, cover dental implants, and protect weak teeth from breaking. Dental crowns are also used to protect teeth following root canal therapy.
2. Beautify your smile. Dental crowns can enhance your smile. All-porcelain dental crowns are beautiful and provide the best natural color of all the crowns. Because all-porcelain dental crowns are the most cosmetically pleasing, they are often used for the front teeth. Nothing gives the same luster, translucency, and depth luster like an all-porcelain dental crown.
3. Get a natural look- It is important that you have crowns that match your existing teeth. Your crown should match the shade of your teeth for the best looking, most natural results. Your dentist can choose from over a dozen shades to allow him or her to give you a crown that is better matched to the shade of your teeth.
4. Strengthen your teeth- Dental crowns can strengthen your worn-down or damaged teeth. Dental crowns are incredibly strong and tough like tooth structure. Porcelain-fused-to-metal and all-porcelain crowns are also very strong and can produce pleasing aesthetics.
5. Restore oral function. It's very difficult to chew food when you have broken teeth. Dental crowns will give you the ability to enjoy good food again. Dental crowns restore the structure of your damaged teeth so you can eat in comfort and with confidence. Generally, crowns last between 10 and 15 years. Some dental crowns can even last a lifetime.
6. Whiten your smile. Dental crowns can instantly correct tooth discoloration. If your tooth has darkened after root canal treatment, bleaching the tooth won't help. Teeth whitening will not lighten some dental stains, like tetracycline stains. In this case, your dentist may recommend covering the darkened teeth with dental crowns.
If you're in need of a dental crown, why wait? We can help you today. Call Progressive Dental at 734-930-4022 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Ann Arbor, MI. Dental crowns have helped millions of people improve their smiles. And they can do the same for you.
Have you ever wondered how you'll be able to tell if you ever need a root canal? Although your dentist will provide a definitive diagnosis, there are a few signs you may notice. Ann Arbor, MI, dentists Drs. Meridith and Bart Hall of Progressive dental perform root canals and provide other dental treatments that help you protect your smile.
What is a root canal?
Root canals replace infected or inflamed tooth pulp with flexible rubber fillings. The process is very similar to the steps used to fill teeth damaged by tooth decay. After your Ann Arbor dentist opens your tooth, he or she will remove the pulp, then clean the center of the tooth thoroughly. Tiny files will also be used to shape the small canals that extend into your roots. After adding a little antibiotic paste to the tooth, a temporary filling will be added to allow time for drainage. If your dentist is satisfied with the condition of your tooth, the permanent filling will be added during your next appointment in a week or two. In most cases, you'll also need a crown to help strengthen the tooth.
How can I tell if I need a root canal?
Many people experience a toothache if they have an inflammation or infection in their pulp. Pain may be severe, but that's not always the case. You may only notice mild pain that comes and goes initially. If you don't pay a visit to the dentist at this point, the pain may intensify and become more constant. You may also notice that chewing with the tooth sends jolts of pain through your mouth.
Has a tooth suddenly become sensitive to hot and cold temperatures? A pulp inflammation or infection may be to blame. Pain can intensify and remain heightened for as long as 30 minutes after you eat or drink.
Your tooth may not only hurt but might also look a little different. If your tooth looks darker than surrounding teeth, you may have a problem inside the pulp. Gum changes may also accompany inflammations or infections. You may notice that your gums hurt, look red and feel swollen.
It's particularly important to call the dentist immediately if you notice signs of a bacterial infection called a dental abscess. Common signs and symptoms include facial swelling, a pimple-like bump on the gum, fever, swollen lymph nodes, or pus around the tooth.
Keep your smile healthy with root canal therapy? If you experience any of these signs and symptoms, call Ann Arbor, MI, dentists Drs. Meridith and Bart Hall of Progressive Dental at (734) 930-4022 to schedule an appointment.
Discover all the unique benefits you could enjoy with dental implants in Ann Arbor.
When people think about tooth loss they often think that this is an issue that affects only older individuals, but we are here to tell you that’s far from the truth. People of all ages can face tooth loss due to injury, decay, infection, or gum disease. If you are currently missing one or more permanent teeth, our Ann Arbor, MI, dentists, Dr. Meridith Hall and Dr. Bart Hall, have just the solution for treating this problem.
Implants offer unique advantages over other tooth replacement options like bridges and dentures. Here are just some of the wonderful benefits you’ll enjoy with dental implants:
The Closest You Get to Real Teeth
When you get a dental implant, the implant itself is actually designed to function just like tooth roots. This means, that when the implant is placed into the jawbone it naturally fuses together with the bone and tissue over time until it becomes a permanent structure within the jawbone. This means that the implant will function and look just like a real tooth, will remain firmly in place (and won’t move around like dentures do), and can last several decades.
They Are Easy to Care For
Denture wearers will tell you how annoying it can be to have to remove their teeth every night and to make sure that they are cleaned properly. With dental implants, you only have to treat your restoration like the rest of your natural teeth. If you maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day, flossing daily and keeping up with those six-month dental cleanings, there is no reason your implant shouldn’t last you a lifetime.
Find Renewed Confidence
Having a full smile again can quickly and easily bolster your self-esteem and make you feel confident in the way you look. Plus, tooth loss of any severity (whether you lost one or multiple teeth) can have a profound impact on simple things you might have taken for granted like chewing foods or speaking. Tooth loss can make eating certain foods nearly impossible and it can also cause embarrassing speech impediments. Luckily, by placing a dental implant you will find that chewing has been fully restored and that the speech impediment is gone.
Prevent Jawbone Loss
A lot of people don’t know that if you leave tooth loss untreated this can also impact the health of your jawbone. Without ample stimulation from all of your tooth roots, the jawbone can begin to deteriorate. The only way to prevent bone loss is to place an implant into the jawbone where it will provide the same stimulation that natural tooth roots do so the jawbone can continue to produce healthy new bone cells.
Don’t let tooth loss impact your appearance and your confidence. Progressive Dental in Ann Arbor, MI, can help get your smile back with dental implants. Call us today and let us know that you are interested in getting dental implants.