Having a beautiful smile is important for people's confidence and first impressions. There are many cosmetic dentistry procedures but one of the less invasive and cost-effective is veneers. Drs. Meridith and Barton Hall of Progressive Dental at Domino's Farms in Ann Arbor, MI, provide many services, including veneers.
Why choose dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells that fit on the surface of teeth. Veneers are custom-made so they mimic your natural teeth's shape, color, texture, and alignment.
Veneers make it possible for people to have beautiful smiles by fixing natural teeth's appearance or restoring your beautiful smile after years of coffee drinking or an accident chipping a tooth.
The Benefits of Veneers
If you're unsure of this procedure your Ann Arbor, MI, dentist can tell you about the advantages of veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining and because they adhere to dental surfaces, they cover stains and discoloration.
- Veneers are custom-made so if you want different shaped teeth, that's a simple fix. Your dentist can have teeth edges rounder or squarer.
- The porcelain veneers are made of are strong so that will protect your teeth and less enamel is removed from dental surfaces than with other dental appliances.
- Veneers can also reshape teeth for improved symmetry and fix minor spacing and alignment issues. For large gaps, you may need orthotic treatment so consult your dentist first.
- This is a cost-effective procedure for people who want to revitalize their smile without breaking the bank.
Steps to Place Porcelain Veneers
Your dentist prepares teeth by removing some enamel off the surface of teeth, then makes an impression using a mold that'll be sent to a lab. You'll be given temporary veneers until your next appointment when permanent veneers are bonded to the surface of teeth. Any adjustments necessary are made over the next few weeks.
Are you interested in dental veneers?
Call Drs. Meridith and Barton Hall of Progressive Dental at Domino's Farms in Ann Arbor, MI, at (734) 930-4022 for more information!