Posts for tag: Dental Crowns
Need a crown? Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that cover the outside of the teeth. Crowns can correct many different types of dental problems. Dr. Meridith Hall and Dr. Bart Hall at Progressive Dental, which is located in Ann Arbor, MI, offer a full range of dental services. Read on to find out how a crown can help your smile.
1. Fix your dental issues. Dental crowns are routinely used to restore damaged, broken and badly decayed teeth. They can be used to attach bridges, cover dental implants, and protect weak teeth from breaking. Dental crowns are also used to protect teeth following root canal therapy.
2. Beautify your smile. Dental crowns can enhance your smile. All-porcelain dental crowns are beautiful and provide the best natural color of all the crowns. Because all-porcelain dental crowns are the most cosmetically pleasing, they are often used for the front teeth. Nothing gives the same luster, translucency, and depth luster like an all-porcelain dental crown.
3. Get a natural look- It is important that you have crowns that match your existing teeth. Your crown should match the shade of your teeth for the best looking, most natural results. Your dentist can choose from over a dozen shades to allow him or her to give you a crown that is better matched to the shade of your teeth.
4. Strengthen your teeth- Dental crowns can strengthen your worn-down or damaged teeth. Dental crowns are incredibly strong and tough like tooth structure. Porcelain-fused-to-metal and all-porcelain crowns are also very strong and can produce pleasing aesthetics.
5. Restore oral function. It's very difficult to chew food when you have broken teeth. Dental crowns will give you the ability to enjoy good food again. Dental crowns restore the structure of your damaged teeth so you can eat in comfort and with confidence. Generally, crowns last between 10 and 15 years. Some dental crowns can even last a lifetime.
6. Whiten your smile. Dental crowns can instantly correct tooth discoloration. If your tooth has darkened after root canal treatment, bleaching the tooth won't help. Teeth whitening will not lighten some dental stains, like tetracycline stains. In this case, your dentist may recommend covering the darkened teeth with dental crowns.
If you're in need of a dental crown, why wait? We can help you today. Call Progressive Dental at 734-930-4022 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Ann Arbor, MI. Dental crowns have helped millions of people improve their smiles. And they can do the same for you.