Cosmetic dentistry is known as the exercise of improving your smile and helping your self-confidence. A smile is the first thing that a person notices when they see you, and you want to ensure that it is as beautiful as you can make it. Confidence is a penchant, and with healthy teeth and a beautiful smile, you get that boost to your self-esteem. Cosmetic dentistry is all about appearances, and it includes procedures like dental veneers, implants, crowns, dental bondings, teeth whitening services, etc.
A person does not want to suffer from the pain of their tongue getting caught on a cracked tooth. They also don't want to deal with discolored teeth; consequently, they stop smiling widely or cover their mouth when they do. Cosmetic dentistry is perfect for people who can have their teeth improved and fixed to look precisely as they want them to, and a cosmetic dentist can help them achieve the smile they desire.
How can Cosmetic Dentistry help you?
A cosmetic dentist specializes in confronting the cosmetic deficiencies that distract from a bright dazzling smile. Cosmetic dentistry can treat practically any dental flaw, for whiter, straighter, and healthier-looking teeth.
The dentist will design a customized plan that addresses the sole concerns of your teeth and gums. They will discuss your requirements, cosmetic goals, and budget to include the procedures that work best for you.
People with beautiful smiles usually have better self-esteem and feel more confident about their physical appearance. One can make a better first impression and take pride in smiling for pictures when you treat yourself to cosmetic dentistry.
What are the types of Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Teeth Whitening:It can be one of the simplest and least expensive methods to enhance your smile. The teeth can be bleached with in-office products in the dentist's clinic, or buy mold and gels from your dentist to whiten your teeth at home.
- Veneers:They are paper-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored porcelain or resin that cover the teeth' front surface. After removing about 0.5mm of enamel from the tooth surface, these thin shells are bonded to the teeth' front, changing their color, shape, size, or length.
- Dental Bonding: They help repair decayed, chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth; it is also an excellent cosmetic alternative replacement for amalgam or silver fillings.
- Dental Crown:A crown can help replace the decayed or damaged tooth above the gum line, thus restoring its shape, size, strength, and look. They prevent a weak tooth from breaking or hold a cracked tooth together; they are also helpful in concealing misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays:They are also called indirect fillings, are made from gold, porcelain, or composite materials, and fill decayed or damaged teeth. They are fabricated in a dental laboratory and bonded into place by your dentist.
Call Dentist Ann Arbor, MI at Progressive Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry.