The main goal of General Dentistry is the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of common dental problems. General dentistry is an all-encompassing term used in dentistry to cover many simple and complex procedures to improve your oral health or improve your smile's aesthetics. A general dentist prefers to provide more minor, preventive care than to see patients suffer from more rigorous treatments from a problem that could have been managed in time. They ensure that your oral health is in its best state and positively contributes to your entire body's health.
What are the services provided by General Dentistry?
- Bonding: Some of the most common reasons for opting for bonding include improving shape, straightening the teeth, and fixing chipped, gapped, cracked, or stained teeth. Tooth-colored materials are used to provide added structural support. The bonding procedure enables the dentist to match the materials to your existing teeth expertly.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are an alternative for replacing missing teeth. However, the process is much more complex and long-lasting. Fabricated from a selection of materials, implants attach to a titanium post inserted into the jawline in place of the missing teeth. While the process is time-consuming, the effects are durable.
- Teeth Whitening:These procedures can help you get a shiny pearly smile at nominal costs. It involves applying a bleaching agent on your teeth, which helps remove the stains and discolorations, enabling you to get the smile you desire.
- Veneers: If you have gapped, stained, discolored, misshaped, chipped, or crooked teeth, veneers offer an excellent solution to address these cosmetic flaws without extensive oral surgery. Veneers are a tooth-colored, thin, custom-made material that is cemented over your existing teeth. They are in demand due to their durability and natural appearance.
- Crowns:Crowns are customarily used when patients have chipped or damaged teeth. But they also help cover unsightly flaws to the tooth's shape, as well as strengthen them. The crown is secured to an existing tooth, fully protecting it from the gum line to the biting surface. They are made from porcelain, gold alloy, or both, but porcelain has the most natural appearance.
- Bridges: Bridges are an excellent way to improve the appearance of your smile and restore your confidence. But more importantly, they strengthen the jawline. Bridges are artificial teeth, which help bridge the gap between two remaining teeth. They look similar to natural teeth.
- Dental Fillings: When patients have a cavity, it is essential to treat them. Disregarding a cavity can lead to tooth decay, which can cause the tooth's loss, among other things. Tooth-colored white composite fillings can be used to fill the hole while representing the appearance of natural teeth.
- Dentures: They can replace a complete set of teeth or only a few missing teeth. They can be customized to suit a patient's requirements and help restore your smile.
Call us at Progressive Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about General Dentistry.